Church

Built: December 1979

Architects: Simons, Mitchell, Small & Donahue Architects (Charleston, SC)

Windows: Emil Frei Studios (St. Louis, MO)

Organ: Holtkamp, 35 ranks, 24 stops (1997)

Seating Capacity in the Nave: 400

The tabernacle is located in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel (adjacent to the main entrance), an intimate space for private prayer and eucharistic adoration.

The Reconciliation Room is located at the far corner of the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.

The stained glass windows on the left side of the nave (as viewed from the pews, facing the altar) recall the Old Covenant. On the right side of the nave, the windows portray images of the New Covenant. Each of the 10 windows contains the image of a crown, underscoring the kingship of Christ.

In 1997, the sanctuary was reconfigured to accommodate the pipe organ. At this time, the nave was painted, and tile flooring was installed. Abbot Francis Kline, OSCO, was the liturgical consultant. Bill Becknell was the Director of Music. Msgr. James Carter was the pastor.

 

In 2019, in conjunction with the Bicentennial Campaign of the Diocese of Charleston, Fr. Spencer assembled a Renovation Advisory Committee to assist in developing a Master Plan for renovating the church building.

Parish Life Center

The Parish Life Center opened in 2003.  

Grace Hall, located within the Life Center, is a 3,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose reception hall with a seating capacity of 200 (standing capacity: 400). Attached to Grace Hall is a 500 sq. ft. commercial kitchen.

The 7,300 sq. ft. gymnasium is shared with Christ Our King-Stella Maris School. The gym includes a 1,800 sq. ft. stage area. The seating capacity of the gym is 700 (standing capacity: 1,000).

 

The Life Center has 3 meeting rooms.

 

Individuals, businesses, civic or social organizations considering the use of the Life Center for an event or meeting, are invited to contact Dorothy Fisher at the Parish Office, 884-5587 for more information.*

The Christ Our King Life Center is located at 1149 Russell Drive in Mount Pleasant, SC.

*Christ Our King and the Diocese of Charleston retain the right of refusal to rent facilities in the event a function is contrary to our Catholic mission and policies. Those considering use of the Life Center are encouraged to ask, should there be any concerns regarding the appropriateness or feasibility of scheduling an event at Christ Our King.

Beach House

The Beach House opened in 2013. 

 

A unique gathering space for the parish family, the Beach House has a porch with rockers, a library, a piano, a billiards table, ping pong, air hockey, a family-style kitchen, a café space, an outdoor fireplace, a fire pit, vegetable gardens, offices, and meeting space.

 

Msgr. James Carter envisioned the Beach House to be a place where parishioners young and old could interact, much as he had shared meaningful time together with his grandparents at their summer beach house on Sullivan's Island.

Russell House

The Russell House is a small meeting facility located adjacent to the Beach House, at the far end of the Beach House parking area. The Russell House is primarily used by prayer groups and support groups.

Camellia House

The Camellia House is a small meeting facility and office space located adjacent to the School on Camellia Drive. It offers a home-like setting for scripture study and small group meetings.

843-884-5587                                               

843-884-7086 (fax)                                      

info@christourking.org                                 

1149 Russell Drive                                        

Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram

@2020 by Christ Our King Catholic Church.